With Baby No. 2 being a month or less away, I’m scurrying to finish my preparations to make life a little easier when we bring her home. Those few weeks with a new baby are so precious and so short-lived, the last thing I want to be worrying about is cooking. I want my focus to be on Ryan, Coberly Nicole, and Baby No. 2 – we all need that time to soak each other up and adjust to the changes. With that being said – dinner still must be served.
The next three days I’m taking time out to create 20 freezer meals to keep my little family fed. I’ve never ventured into this cooking madness territory, but I’m ready to give it a go. Today’s goal was to create my “food prep” list. I wanted to come up with 20 meals and the extensive shopping list to make it happen. A simple search on Pinterest was enough to overwhelm/provide me with plenty of meal ideas. After reading, I realized I needed more than just food – I’ll need to purchase some disposable serving trays and plenty of aluminum foil.
If you need tips on the do’s and don’ts – I found these sites most helpful:
As I put together my list, I was pretty picky because the macronutrient contents matter to me. I may not be able to make it immediately back to my workout routine, so I want to keep nutrition in check. Plus, I don’t feel like eating the same meal over and over again…and my days of Hamburger Helper are over. Does that make me a food snob?
Here are my 20 meal ideas with links to the recipes:
- (2) Beef, Tomato and Acini di Pepe Soup
- Crock Pot 3-Bean Turkey Chili
- Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
- Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup
- (2) Classic Lasagnas
- (2) Pizza Doughs
- Pork Carnitas (recipe calls for chicken, but I use Pork Butt or Shoulder)
- Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili
- (2) Stuffed Green Peppers – this is a simple recipe I know by heart, but here are several options if you do not have your own: Betty Crocker,
- (2) Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions
- (2) Skinny Italian Spinach Meatballs – pasta, subs
- Tacos – no recipe, just going to cook the meat and have it ready for shells, etc.
- Teriyaki Vegetables with Shrimp (Rice) – no recipe, purchasing Bird’s Eye Oriental Vegetables and prepping/freezing Jasmine Rice
- Oriental Vegetables with Shrimp (Rice) – no recipe, purchasing Bird’s Eye Teriyaki Vegetables and prepping/freezing Jasmine Rice